15 Disney Things
So I’ve been in a bit of a Disney kick lately since I created a new Instagram account solely for my love of all things Disney. I didn’t want to bombard everyone on my main account with these pics, so I decided that creating a separate Disney account for them was best. It’s been fun following other Disney IG accounts too! I literally have an IG feed full of Disney goodness to check out now. So if you’re interested and haven’t yet followed along, you can find all of my Disney park trips and scrapbooks shared all the time over at @magicherway.
Anyway, I came across these Disney questions on Mooey and Friends blog and I thought it would be fun to answer them here myself! So here are 15 Disney Things!
1. A scene in any Disney movie that you wish you could experience. I really would love to see the floating lanterns from Tangled, but at the same time I would love to be Aladdin in the Cave of Wonders, meeting the Genie for the first time.
2. An unforgettable experience/moment you’ve had at the parks. Probably the first time I went to Disney World with my mom and brother. Surprisingly, it was in 2014, our first Disney trip together after my dad passed away. We had such a great time! I don’t even know what it made it so special, but I do remember us not wanting to leave and coming back home saying that it was the best time we’ve had in a long time.
3. What non-Disney song(s) reminds you of Disney and/or the parks? “In the Dark of the Night” from Anastasia. It’s quite possibly the BEST villain song ever, and it’s a shame it’s not really Disney. (And I say that because it technically is Disney now that Disney bought 20th Century Fox.)
4. When was the first time you went to a Disney park? I was five I think. I went to Disney World with my mom and dad (my brother wasn’t even born yet). There were only three parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGM Studios; the tickets were paper and never expired, and the characters actually walked around the parks randomly interacting with the guests! It was great!
5. If you could choose any Disney character to be your friend, who would you choose? Peter Pan, because then everyday we’ll go off on a new adventure!
6. Who are your favorite Disney princesses (or heroines)? Belle, Ariel, and Rapunzel.
7. Name a scene or moment in a Disney movie that never fails to make you cry. The first ten minutes of UP! ALL THE TIME. Also the entirety of Eight Below. I can’t watch that movie; I just can’t.
8. What is the first Disney movie you remember seeing? Beauty and the Beast. I don’t think I saw it in theaters, but I remembering watching it on VHS a year or so after.
9. What is your favorite Disney movie? This is a hard one because I honestly don’t know. I do know however that my most watched Disney movie has to be Hocus Pocus and frankly, I never get sick of it so…maybe that one?
10. Who is your favorite Disney villain? The Sanderson Sisters and Ursula. Izma and Kronk are also high up there on the list too cause they are hilarious.
11. What is your least favorite Disney movie? Anyone that puts me asleep! Generally the older films, but I can’t say I have a least favorite.
12. What is your favorite Disney song? “Belle” from Beauty and the Beast. I love singing that song because of all the different character voices in it.
13. What Disney character has your personality or has your dream personality? I would say I’m a mixture of Belle and Ariel. I want to add a dash of Rapunzel to that mix, but it might be a small dash.
14. If you could change any scene in a Disney movie, what would it be and why? This is a very tough question and to be honest, I don’t think I can really answer it. I can’t recall any time during a Disney movie where the storytelling was done poorly that needs to be changed–that is the only reason why I would change something. Yes, it’s sad when someone dies, but it’s a plot device, and without Mufasa dying, there wouldn’t be conflict or a story to tell.
15. If you had to get stuck on a ride in any Disney park for more than 30 minutes, what would you want it to be? Probably a slow ride, especially in Disney World, cause I’d be stuck somewhere cool! Not sure which ride though. I’ve only been stuck on two rides at Disney: Pirates of the Caribbean in Disney World and Indiana Jones in Disneyland. Pirates was definitely the better experience of the two!
Definitely feel free to play along and answer these questions on your own blog too!