25 books in 2021
So, I’ve decided to give myself a concise reading challenge this year. Don’t ask me why because I couldn’t tell you. I’m not very good at these reading challenges. I’ve tried them in the past and was never really successful at them. But for some reason, I feel like this year will be different.
I really feel like I should follow that feeling.
So naturally, the first thing I did was buy more books like I need more books. Then when those books arrived, I sorted my entire bookshelf, separating the ones that I’ve read from the ones I have yet to read. In comparison, I didn’t have as many unread books as I thought I did, but I still had plenty. Out of my unread book pile, I pulled out 25 books that I will attempt to read this year. It wasn’t going to be 25 books at first, but that’s the way it went. All of my books are YA–because it’s my absolute favorite genre–and a lot of them are travel or road trip themed–because that’s my thing.
I went through each book description and organized them by season. I really could have just read them all in random order, but I figured if I give myself an outline of what I should be reading when, I may actually read them all. So I assigned two books per month–with one month having an extra read–and hopefully they reflect the seasons well. For example, I wanted to keep all of the summer reads for the summer seasons and all of the more heavier depressing reads for the colder months. Down below is my list of books, separated into the months I’m hoping to read them in.
Have you set yourself a reading goal?
2021 reading list
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead
- How to Love by Katie Cotugno
- Kissing Ted Callahan by Amy Spalding
- Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
- The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle
- A Totally Awkward Love Story by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison
- Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall
- Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales
- Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
- The Haters by Jesse Andrews
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone
- The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen
- The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody
- Your Destination Is on the Left by Lauren Spieller
- Infinite In Between by Carolyn Mackler
- The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman
- Sublime by Christina Lauren
- The Secret Keeper by Trenton Lee Stewart
- Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
- Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa
- The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody